If you’re a Droid user, you are most likely familiar with the various “one-click” rooting tools we have had come and go. SuperOneClick is now the latest and greatest rooting method for Android phones. The program essentially works via adb-commands, without having the Android SDK installed. So what makes this any differen’t from the other one-clicks? Unlike the others, any Windows user can run this quick root and there needs to be no knowledge of SDKs. I have tested it out on my DROID 1, as well as DROID X, and it has worked great!
Do you want to try this method out for yourself? Follow the break to droid-life’s step by step guide.
(Remember, Everythingandroid.org, and it’s writers are not responsible for any damage that could occur to your phone from following the instructions in this article.)
1. Download the latest SuperOneClick.zip file to your Windows computer. Find it here.
2. Extract the files from the .zip file into a new folder on your PC.
3. Plug your phone in to your PC and turn on USB debugging.
4. Open the folder with the SuperOneClick contents and double click “SuperOneClick.exe”.
5. Allow the process to run and enjoy being rooted.
If you have any questions, comments, or problems with this root method, let us know below!